Friday, October 19, 2007

USS Liberty - a reality snapshot



This is one of the most revealing videos an American could ever see. It describes the actions of the federal government in dealing with the 34 deaths on the USS Liberty in 1967. It leaves me with the opinion that we will never be told for sure what happened that day. I find it very difficult to believe that the attack was an accident. As an ex-navy officer, I know that surveillance ships look like nothing else and that navy customs and procedures in the sixties would have made it very unlikely that the Liberty had no flag either on the jack staff or on the mast.

I originally got interested in the Liberty because of the plaque found by the naval gun at Elm Lawn Cemetery in Bay City.  I have yet to learn of the city's connection to this ship and if it is closer than that we all have as American citizens.


Tags: , , , , ,


Tags:


No comments: